From Chester County to Lancaster, what a difference 20 miles makes!

Lancaster County, is growing on me. I did used to miss the great food, shopping at stores that weren't walmart or an outlet of some kind and being close to my family. The Amish and their carriages seemed strange to me. As I travel to Chester County at least twice a week, I am reminded of their feeling of entitlement BMW & Mercedes SUVs. Trucks that look like they have never carried a single payload. You'll see this once you make it out of the inner city of Coatesville where the poorer people of Chesco have to live. There are violent crimes committed regularly in Coatesville, unemployment, substandard housing. That would be where I could afford live if I remained there. Instead I drive about 18 miles on 30 West where I rent an entire house with a yard for $650 a month. My daughter attends a brand new school with dedicated teachers. My children live in the middle of farmland and know all about animals. Sure, bad things happen out here too, Puppy Mills etc., but it is safer. and you are not constantly reminded of the wealth that you don't have. Is there a recession? You would not know it driving through West Bradford where I grew up. I give credit to the good people of Chesco. that fight to save open space. They must remember how wonderful it was to see woodland and horse farms. Chester County was a great place to grow up but as I grew I kept feeling as though I had moved to a different place as I watched the incessant developers slap up "Houses staring in the low $300's" along my favorite landscapes.

My Golden Retriever

My Golden Retriever

Thursday, April 1, 2010

About to do some thrift shopping....

I don't have much time today but I am about to do some thrift shopping at my favorite spot... Main Street in Ephrata, PA.  Re-Uzit and Abundant Treasures have an awesome selection-especially for kids.  I have yet to leave either store empty handed and I am pretty selective-I don't like a lot of closet clutter.
I don't have much time, I have to help with my daughter's egg hunt at 1:45-better get in gear!

No comments:

Post a Comment